About the Australian Embassy in Myanmar
Head of Mission
Vantage Tower, 623 Pyay Road, Yangon, Myanmar
Telephone: +95 1 230 7410
Facsimile: +95 1 230 7425
Emergency: +61 2 6261 3305
Email: [email protected]
The Embassy is open 08:00am – 4:00pm, Monday to Friday. The Embassy operates by appointment only, unless it is an emergency.
The Embassy's switchboard number is +95 1 230 7410.
If your consular matter is an emergency outside of business hours, please contact our 24-hour Consular Emergency Centre in Australia on +61 2 6261 3305.
Passport, Notarial and Papua New Guinea visa services:
The Embassy provides passport and notarial services and issues visas for Papua New Guinea. All services are by prior appointment only. Bookings must be made online. To book an appointment follow the link below:
The Embassy no longer provides a visa and citizenship counter service. For information on how to apply for a visa or to contact the visa office, please visit Visa and Citizenship Services.
The Embassy will be closed on the following days in 2023:
- Monday 2 January - New Year's Day (In Lieu)
- Thursday 26 January - Australia Day
- Friday 7 April - Good Friday
- Thursday 13 April - Maha Thingyan (Water Festival)
- Friday 14 April - Maha Thingyan (Water Festival)
- Monday 17 April - Myanmar New Year Day
- Monday 29 May - Reconciliation Day
- Wednesday 19 July - Martyrs' Day
- Monday 30 October - Thadingyut Holiday
- Monday 27 November - Full Moon Day of Tazaungmone
- Monday 25 December - Christmas Day
- Tuesday 26 December - Boxing Day
- Wednesday 27 December - Additional DFAT Public Holiday
- Thursday 28 December - Additional DFAT Public Holiday