Australian Embassy

Where to certify documents

Where to certify documents

Certified copies are copies authorised or stamped as being true copies of originals, by a person or agency recognised by the laws of the person’s home country. All personal documents such as Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates, Household Registration Book, Educational Qualifications, etc. must be certified by the relevant local district office. In Myanmar, documents can be certified by the following office:

Australian Visa Application Centre: Service Delivery Partner VFS Global.

In Australia, copies may be certified by a Justice of the Peace, Commissioner for Declarations, or person before whom a statutory declaration may be made under the Statutory Declarations Act 1959.

Please note: Photocopies of certified copies are NOT acceptable.