1. When will applications be accepted?
Applications will only be accepted during designated grant rounds, usually around September each year. The Embassy will announce grant rounds via the Embassy Website www.myanmar.embassy.gov.au, Facebook www.facebook.com/AusEmbMyr and through an email to our DAP mailing list. Please do not submit applications outside of our annual grant round. If you would like to be added to our mailing list, please email DAP.Yangon@dfat.gov.au
2. What regions around Myanmar are eligible?
Development projects in all regions of Myanmar are eligible to apply to DAP.
3. How much money can I apply for through the Direct Aid Program?
You can apply for funding of up to $60,000 for a single project. Please note, these figures are in Australian dollars, but may be paid in USD.
4. How many grants are available in each round?
Generally there will be around ten grants offered to successful applicants in each funding round. However, this number may change from year to year depending on how much funding each successful grantee is requesting.
5. Can I apply again if I have received a grant in the past?
Yes, as long as the previous project is finished and you have acquitted past grants you may apply again. Please note however DAP funding is not designed to provide ongoing funding.
6. Can my organisation apply for more than one DAP grant?
Please submit only one application per organisation.
7. How much detail must I provide in the budget section of my application?
Your budget should be fully costed and itemised. Please submit budgets in spreadsheet format.
8. What if my organisation isn’t registered?
You can still apply for DAP.
9. Is child protection policy is essential for every application?
If your application is for a child-related project, it must include a child protection policy. Projects that do not involve children do not need a child protection policy.
For more guidance on the Australian Government’s child protection requirements, please refer to our Child Protection Policy.
10. Do I have to be in Myanmar to apply?
No. If your proposed project is within Myanmar then you are eligible to apply. Please note, except in very limited circumstances, DAP funding cannot be used for international travel.
11. Who can I contact for more information about DAP grants?
For more information about DAP, please contact the Australian Embassy by email DAP.Yangon@dfat.gov.au.
12. Does the Australian Embassy accept DAP applications year-round?
No. The Australian Embassy holds one DAP funding round each year. The call for applications will be announced on the Australian Embassy website and Facebook page. While the exact dates change a little from year to year, the call for applications is usually announced July-August each year.
13. Once the call for applications has been announced, how long do applications remain open for?
Applicants will have 4 weeks in which to submit their proposals to us.
14. How long will providers receive funding for?
Projects can run for a maximum of two years. Projects longer than two years will not be eligible for funding.
15. How do I know which organisations received funding?
After the selection process, the DAP committee will inform successful and unsuccessful applicants via email.
16. What references are required?
Applicants who have not previously received funding from the Australian Government should provide two references. A reference should be a credible external individual familiar with the organisation who can vouch for you and your work. The purpose of the references is for us to independently check on the credibility of the applicants, and their capability to implement and acquit the projects which they propose.
17. Does the application need to be in English?
Yes. Unfortunately we are unable to accept applications in languages other than English.
18. Can I include extra supporting material?
Additional relevant supporting material can be included with your application, but please note emails larger than 5MB will be blocked by the embassy’s email system.